Clear Lake Fire District 4
Skagit County Washington
Phone: 360-856-6283 Fax:360-854-7940 Email email@example.com.
Skagit County Fire District #4 was founded in 1946. A membership was developed in 1947, when we purchased our first engine and took delivery on April 13, 1948. The engine has been recently restored (thanks to Stacy Jansma) and currently serves our district as a display at department led community events and parades. It is a reminder of our rich history and those who have served our community before us.
Station 1 on Jackson Street was built in 1981 and currently houses engines 411 and 412, tender 416, and aid 419. Station 1 has two bunk rooms and living quarters for resident firefighters. It has adequate space for training every Tuesday night. Our firefighters train at least one night a week, and often more, in order to provide the highest level of service possible to an increasing population and a growing demand of the fire service.
Burn Ban takes effect June 25, 2021, for all of Skagit County!
Due to forecasted weather conditions, a modified burn ban for all residential and land clearing fires in unincorporated Skagit County will go into effect at noon Friday, June 25th, and continue until further notice. Skagit County will no longer issue permits for these activities and existing permits are suspended.
Recreational and cooking fires, limited to 3 feet in diameter and two feet high remain allowed within enclosures and when safety precautions are followed. Recreational or cooking fires can consist only of charcoal, seasoned firewood or propane-fueled firepits and must meet the following requirements:
Enclosures must be AT LEAST 14 inches high, no wider than 3 feet, and made of cement blocks, stones or #10 gauge steel
Burned material must be kept BELOW the top of the enclosure
ALWAYS have a charged garden hose OR two 5-gallon buckets of water OR a 5-gallon Class A fire extinguisher and shovel present
Fires MUST BE 15 feet from combustibles, standing timber or overhanging tree branches
Someone 16 years old or older must ALWAYS be present to monitor and/or extinguish the fire